2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2008 6:35 PM by shinshuri

Conditional Build Topics Do Not Display as Expected

shinshuri
      I created a conditional build tag and selected specific topics to build for my first version, but all of the topics keep showing up. Has anyone had trouble getting specific topics to display when creating conditional build tags? I need a resolution. Your help is appreciated!
        • 1. Re: Conditional Build Topics Do Not Display as Expected
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Hi there

Your thread seems as if you are using Conditional tagging to ensure topics appear. While it's possible to accomplish, it's a bit on the tricksy side. You will likely have much better luck if you use tagging to *EXCLUDE* topics.

Keep in mind that any topic with no tag associated is automatically included by default.

For example, lets say you have two topics. One aimed at a US target and one aimed at a UK target. You would use two tags. Perhaps naming one UK and the other US. You then apply the US tag to any topic with a US target and the UK tag to any topic with a UK target. Then you choose to exclude one or the other. So if your output is intended for a UK audience, the build expression is NOT US. Likewise, for a US audience, the build expression is NOT UK.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Conditional Build Topics Do Not Display as Expected
            shinshuri Level 1
            Thanks Rick:

Your suggestion worked perfect!