3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2008 12:26 PM by Newsgroup_User

Flex 3 Line Chart Vertical Axis

federalBailout
      Hello,

So I made a line chart with my sweet new copy of Flex Builder 3. The Vertical Axis automatically scales to accomedate the data. That is cool, but its not quite perfect. I really would like to add some padding because my line is encroaching on the top of the graph and i have annotations that stick off the chart. I have my baseAtZero variable set to true.

Can anyone help point me in the direction of changing the Vertical Axis?

Thanks
      Alex
        • 1. Re: Flex 3 Line Chart Vertical Axis
          Level 7

"federalBailout" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gcispq$m1g$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello,
          >
          > So I made a line chart with my sweet new copy of Flex Builder 3. The
          > Vertical
          > Axis automatically scales to accomedate the data. That is cool, but its
          > not
          > quite perfect. I really would like to add some padding because my line is
          > encroaching on the top of the graph and i have annotations that stick off
          > the
          > chart. I have my baseAtZero variable set to true.
          >
          > Can anyone help point me in the direction of changing the Vertical Axis?

You might find this example helpful
          http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2008/08/charting-example.html

• 2. Re: Flex 3 Line Chart Vertical Axis
            federalBailout Level 1
            Amy,

Thanks for the reply! Your code seems to look more like actionscript. Forgive my naivete on the subject, but I think I am looking for a flex solution. IE [see code attached]. You dont seem to have an <mx objects?

Any thoughts?
            Alex
            • 3. Re: Flex 3 Line Chart Vertical Axis
              Level 7

"federalBailout" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gcj10m$rbi$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Amy,
              >
              > Thanks for the reply! Your code seems to look more like actionscript.
              > Forgive
              > my naivete on the subject, but I think I am looking for a flex solution.
              > IE
              > [see code attached]. You dont seem to have an <mx objects?

Any properties that you've seen set in ActionScript you can start typing
              inside an MXML tag and it will work there as well. The only exception is
              styles, which need to be accessed through setStyle in ActionScript and can
              be just typed directly in MXML. You may find this example more to your
              taste, though I can't remember how much he does with the axes
              http://www.rphelan.com/2008/05/23/taking-control-of-flex-charting-styles/

HTH;

Amy