3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2008 1:26 PM by Newsgroup_User

Cant Float  AP Div Box

anson1234
      Have Dreamweaver CS3 on Windows.

Im trying like crazy to insert a FLV video clip into my text and have it float around the video..cant do it.

I have an AP div as the web site wrapper. I have a general AP Div in the middle of my site to hold all my text. Im trying to insert a 300x500pix FLV Flash Video into that text area so the text wraps around the video. I created another APdiv to hold the flash player inside the text.

Although the AP video div is listed as Float and to the right...NOTHING Happens...Its like they are on two different layers and the text just ignores the float command. I tried inserting just a plain div...but then I dont get the float option

Am I doing something conceptually wrong or forgetting something?? Simple nested AP Divs...dead in the water!

Thanks

Susan
        • 1. Re: Cant Float  AP Div Box
          Level 7
          AP divs cannot be Floated. And an AP div is removed from the normal flow of
          the page so text will not wrap around them, it will go behind the AP div.
          --

Walt

"anson1234" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gj3brv$gc1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Have Dreamweaver CS3 on Windows.
          >
          > Im trying like crazy to insert a FLV video clip into my text and have it
          > float
          > around the video..cant do it.
          >
          > I have an AP div as the web site wrapper. I have a general AP Div in the
          > middle of my site to hold all my text. Im trying to insert a 300x500pix
          > FLV
          > Flash Video into that text area so the text wraps around the video. I
          > created
          > another APdiv to hold the flash player inside the text.
          >
          > Although the AP video div is listed as Float and to the right...NOTHING
          > Happens...Its like they are on two different layers and the text just
          > ignores
          > the float command. I tried inserting just a plain div...but then I dont
          > get
          > the float option
          >
          > Am I doing something conceptually wrong or forgetting something?? Simple
          > nested AP Divs...dead in the water!
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Susan
          >

• 2. Re: Cant Float  AP Div Box
            anson1234 Level 1
            Thanks Walt for the clarification.

What approach should I then take to make text wrap around a Flash video insert?

Thanks

Susan
            • 3. Re: Cant Float  AP Div Box
              Level 7
              I never use Flash, but that shouldn't matter. I would put it in a div and
              float the div. Do not specify positioning for the div.

It might work to just float the Flash itself, sans a div, and that would be
              cleaner markup. Try that first.

Remember to clear the float.

--

Walt

"anson1234" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gj3hii$nbc$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Thanks Walt for the clarification.
              >
              > What approach should I then take to make text wrap around a Flash video
              > insert?
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Susan