3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2009 12:29 PM by chelsx87x

Installation Issues

Rock-Bomber
      So you see.... I downloaded Adobe Flash Player for my labtop, and it worked! It said it succsessfully downloaded! But when I went to see if any of the things over the Internet that use Adobe Flash Player, it wasn't working. So, I look around my pc to see if it really did download, and it wasn't anywhere to be found! It's as if I never downloaded it!

So, I goto download it again, but the following message comes up:

"Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems

Issue

Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser. However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system.

Reason

Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following Flash Player 10.

Solution

To use Flash Player to view Flash content on a 64-bit operating system, you must run a 32-bit browser.

KeywordsVista, 64 bit, 64bit, Vista64

TechNote DetailsLast Update: 10-14-2008
      ID: 6b3af6c9
      Permanent Link: http://www.adobe.com/go/6b3af6c9
      Products Affected:
      Flash Player"

So what do I do? How can I install Adobe Flash PLayer to my labtop and actually have it work?