4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2008 10:42 AM by anna needs help

preloader not going dissappearing immediately

anna needs help Level 1
      so my problem is this. when the preloader loads the main movie into the container it doesnt go away immediately. it also messes up something with the list which is supposed to start off being not visible until you push the list of works button. it shows the list right away and then wont let you close it. any advice is greatly appreciated

thanks,
      anna

this is where you can see the problem.

this is how the list is supposed to work.

it works when it doesnt have a preloader.

this is the flash main file

this is the preloader
        • 1. Re: preloader not going dissappearing immediately
          Level 7
          anna needs help wrote:
          > so my problem is this. when the preloader loads the main movie into the
          > container it doesnt go away immediately. it also messes up something with the
          > list which is supposed to start off being not visible until you push the list
          > of works button. it shows the list right away and then wont let you close it.
          > any advice is greatly appreciated

remove the _root from your Visible action.
          You missing the path. The file on its own has correct path, but once you load
          it in movie holder within another level, you share timeline with the main movie
          so your path changes automatically to _level0.container.list_mc._visible....
          That is why the action can't find the target.
          You can remove the _root or change it to _root.container.list_mc._visible=false;

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: preloader not going dissappearing immediately
            anna needs help Level 1
            it's totally working great (thank you, thank you) except that i can't use the close button in the list of works box to close it. any ideas?

i have uploaded edited fla files.
            • 3. Re: preloader not going dissappearing immediately
              Ed_Miller Level 1
              The close button in the list movie clip does not have any actionscript associated with it. Add on(release) { this._visible = false; } to that button and it should close fine. Also, there's some on(release) code on the list movie clip, which will not work unless it is a button.
              • 4. Re: preloader not going dissappearing immediately
                anna needs help Level 1
                I am so grateful for all of your help. I am amazed at the community of people out there to help each other. Hopefully, in time I will know enough to help someone also.