• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Altering the browser window

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2008 Oct 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a WebHelp for a small program. The WebHelp will be run locally from the program by clicking on the help icon, at which point it will pop up in a browser (I assume this will be IE by default). However, I was to remove the menu bar, tool bar etc of Internet Explorer and don't seem to be able to do this.

I've looked at Rick Stone's way but as it is now the generation of pop-up blockers it doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm fairly new to WebHelp and RoboHelp.

Thanks,

Melanie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Melanie and Welcome!

Does the program run in a browser? If not, you might consider using CHM Help instead of browser Help (WebHelp).

If you really need WebHelp, why do you assume users will set their Windows default browser to Infernal Exploiter?

As far as removing the menu and tool bars from the browser, that would be controlled via the javascript that you use to launch your Help. But that assumes the end user will ALLOW Java/JavaScripts to actually DO that to their browser - I don't allow it so you either can't remove that chrome or you can't run your Help on my workstation.

Also note that Microsoft tends to make changes to IE via security patches that could change the behavior of your javascript in the future.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Also if the help is running locally, CHM is the correct format. WebHelp can run locally but not if you have links to PDFs. The norm now is CHMs are local and webhelp is on a server.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp