2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2008 7:42 AM by Cheeky524

problems with collapsing books in .chm files

Cheeky524
      In my generated .chm file, when I'm in a file in one of the books and click a link that takes me to another book within that same .chm file, my original book automatically collapses. This doesn't happen in all of my projects, though - is there a setting to make it so no matter where I am, the books in my table of contents stay expanded unless I click the Expand/Collapse button?
        • 1. Re: problems with collapsing books in .chm files
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Welcome to our community, Nancy

There are a bunch of settings that govern the way the TOC behaves. To edit them, look at your Single Source Layouts area. Right-click the layout you wish to modify (in your case, Microsoft HTML Help). See that button named Edit just to the right of the Advanced Settings? Click it and you should see a dialog named HTML Help - Advanced Settings. You should now see a tab labeled "TOC Styles". Click that tab. The option that causes the open books to collapse when opening a different book is named Single Click to Open Books. DE-select that option and dismiss all the dialogs. Re-compile and you should then be set.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: problems with collapsing books in .chm files
            Cheeky524 Level 1
            Thank you so much, Rick!! Worked like a charm...