9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2008 10:04 AM by Peter Lorent

Lesson 17 Problem

Jim Daniel
      When attempting to do Lesson 17 section "Using the Web Service Introspection Wizard" I get the error message " Unable to load the WSDL. Specify another URI." in the Specify WSDL to Introspect window. I selected Drirectly from the client and my WSDL URI to http://localhost:8300/flexGrocer/cfcs/ProductManager.cfc?wsdl as directed on page 464. I do have the ColdFusion server running. I think that the problem is that there is no crossdomain.xml file anywhere in the cFusion folder or subfolders. I tried adding one with no effect. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

I am running on a MacBook Pro under OS X 10.5.5
        • 1. Re: Lesson 17 Problem
          Level 7

"Jim Daniel" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gcdrvk$2bd$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > When attempting to do Lesson 17 section "Using the Web Service
          > Introspection
          > Wizard" I get the error message " Unable to load the WSDL. Specify
          > another
          > URI." in the Specify WSDL to Introspect window. I selected Drirectly from
          > the
          > client and my WSDL URI to
          > http://localhost:8300/flexGrocer/cfcs/ProductManager.cfc?wsdl as directed
          > on
          > page 464. I do have the ColdFusion server running. I think that the
          > problem is
          > that there is no crossdomain.xml file anywhere in the cFusion folder or
          > subfolders. I tried adding one with no effect. Can anyone tell me what
          > is
          > going on?
          >
          > I am running on a MacBook Pro under OS X 10.5.5

Was this intended for the Flex in a Week newsgroup?

• 2. Re: Lesson 17 Problem
            Jim Daniel Level 1
            No, I don't think so. It is a problem I'm having in Lesson (aka chapter) 17 of "Adobe Flex 3 Training from the Source". If I understand correctly "Flex in a Week" is the set of videos. If this is the wrong form to get help for this please let me know the correct form and I'll move it there.

I really need some help here as quickly as possible, all the lessons from 17 on need this to be working or the don't run.
            • 3. Re: Lesson 17 Problem
              Level 7

"Jim Daniel" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gce0a5$7j9$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > No, I don't think so. It is a problem I'm having in Lesson (aka chapter)
              > 17 of
              > "Adobe Flex 3 Training from the Source". If I understand correctly "Flex
              > in a
              > Week" is the set of videos. If this is the wrong form to get help for this
              > please let me know the correct form and I'll move it there.
              >
              > I really need some help here as quickly as possible, all the lessons from
              > 17
              > on need this to be working or the don't run.

Wish I could help you, but at least now anyone who might be able to can
              figure out Lesson 17 of what. Have you looked at the errata website?

-Amy

• 4. Re: Lesson 17 Problem
                Jim Daniel Level 1
                Big "OPPS" from here on leaving out the name of the book.

I have tried the errata website but it only goes to lesson 16 and looks like it is not very well maintained.
                • 6. Re: Lesson 17 Problem
                  Jim Daniel Level 1
                  Sorry LuigiL, that change to 8500 from 8300 didn't help. It did make me take a closer look at what was going on with CFusion and I found out that when I restarted (cold not hot) my MAC and then restarted ColdFusion everthing worked just fine until cFusion would stop do to some error or another. I then would have to go thru the entire restart to get cfusion to restart.

Also note that the Cold Fusion Launcher will not start cfusion so you need to use the command line in the console.

Thanks to everyone here for the help (inspiration to where to find a solution is just as good as a solution in book)
                  • 7. Re: Lesson 17 Problem
                    Peter Lorent Level 2
                    Jim, then something is wrong on the CF part or on the Pro. I'm going to install CF on a Pro and see what happens. I'm running CF on a Mini and it runs fine, everything as expected.
                    • 8. Re: Lesson 17 Problem
                      Jim Daniel Level 1
                      I would not be surprised if there was a problem with the Pro vs Mini. Is your Mini a Core 2 Duo based? My Pro is (one of the first Pros made with the C2D chip). I'll be very interested in hearing what you find out.
                      • 9. Re: Lesson 17 Problem
                        Peter Lorent Level 2
                        Yes, it's a 1.83 GHz Core Duo with 2 GB mem. It's amazing but everything I install runs smoothly...