This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
I think you should try packaging the xtras into the projector. That is,
set the player type to Standard and don't check the "exclude all xtras"
I used exactly these settings alrady. Nevertheless, I tried it again but it still doesn't work.
I tried it also with a very simple Director movie, just a shape animation and nothing else. But even a projector for this simple movie doesn't work.
I am desperate! Is this a bug of Director 11? Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone ever managed to create a cross-platform projector for Mac on Director 11?
Maybe you already did this...did you added the necessary information into the "xtrainfo.txt"? I know that for doing cross plat projects from my PC, I've had to add some line of text to make the xtras work properly.
The file is located at:
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Director MX 2004\Configuration
I apologize if this has nothing to do with you issue, I know I had to do this to my projects.
I'm having the very same problem. The .app projector published from PC does not run on Mac. I'm using the Buddy API for Director 11.
I am getting closer to a solution, hopefully...
First of all I must admitt that I didn't pay attention to the fact that Dir 11 projectors only run on OSX 10.4 and higher. Therefore I had to change the computer. Now on OS X 10.5 my Mac projector actually starts!
However, immediately afterwards it throws several error messages, telling me which Xtras are missing. But the missing Xtras are actually in the Xtras folder of the project... I suspect that something is wrong with those Xtras or the way I am using them.
This is what I've done:
- created a crossplatform projector on Windows (Vista) with Director 11
- copied the Mac Xtras from "Configuration/Cross Platform Resources/Macintosh/Xtras" of the Director installation
- pasted those Xtras in the Xtras folder of the project
I am not familiar with this ".cpio" extension. I tried unpacking them and leaving the resulting "contents" folder in the Xtras folder - with no success.
I know there is still the possibility to include the Xtras in the proctor. I tried this too and it even works BUT my project uses the Valentina Xtra and there is a rather complicated procedure to make a Mac projector run with Valentina Xtra. According to this procedure Xtras must not be included in projectors...
I hope there still will be a way to have the Xtras in a Xtras folder for Mac too.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
> I hope there still will be a way to have the Xtras in a Xtras folder for Mac
There is, but you probably have to assemble it all on a Mac.
I get the same problem. I bought the Mac version (I know, I know...) and of course it works... but man I wish it would work by creating it on the PC like Adobe promises! Besides the built in xtras all I use is buddyAPI. So could it be this?
> I get the same problem. I bought the Mac version (I know, I know...) and of
> course it works... but man I wish it would work by creating it on the PC like
> Adobe promises! Besides the built in xtras all I use is buddyAPI. So could it
> be this?
Not sure what you mean Steve.
In order to publish for Mac from a PC you need the appropriate Mac
version of 3rd party xtras - like Buddy API - in the appropriate folder
(Cross Platform Resources) *AND* you need to edit your xtrainfo.txt file
so that the authoring environment on the PC knows which (Mac equivalent)
xtra to bundle into the Mac application
I hear what you are saying. :-) Yes, the Mac equivalents are in there and everything is set up right - Sometimes it will work... and then one day it won't. Seems to be a bit funky. So just to be clear.. On Monday it will work and then I'll think everything is fine... then on Friday, after some coding and some modifications (very basic stuff) it doesn't work. Then I'll go back to Monday's file and it still won't work - then I'll do nothing to the file and next Tuesday it will work. So.... Not sure what to say. We are running a business here so I just bought the Mac version and 'took one for the team'.
I've always gone the other way. I develop on Mac and publish the Win version without any problems.