6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2008 4:01 AM by EliStar

Corporate LAN issue

jeffreypritchard
      I tried to get to the lessons, but out corporate network prevents us from streaming content. Most people would come to that conclusion before posting in a blog about it, but I wasn't so I thought I'd post this to make sure sure someone else doesn't ignore the obvious like I did.
        • 1. Re: No videos work
          ibmaris Level 1
          I have both XP and Vista Business, and I can view these videos OK with IE7. Can you view other flash movies? Could it be some security setting on your computer? I hope you can figure it out, because these are some of the best training videos I have ever seen.
          • 2. Re: No videos work
            jeffreypritchard Level 1
            Hi,

My problem was just that...my problem. The settings on our corporate network probably prevent my viewing streaming content. I went home last night and downloaded all 4 days of content, and I'm just starting them now.

I re-read my original post and regret sounding like Chicken Little with the sky falling, ignoring the most obvious problem (our network). From what I've seen so far the content is excellent, and I'm excited to get my hands dirty.

I used one of the other posts to figure out how to download the videos, and it worked like a champ.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
            • 3. Re: Corporate LAN issue
              PinkVirgo
              can anyone here help me, i cant view the lesson.. the player doesn't show? and i don't know y? i try it in firefox and IE but nothing happens it only show a blank page.. can anyone tell me why? i try to open other flash movies and it works fines.. can anyone here help me pls. im desperate to learn FLEX 3. thanks
              • 4. Re: Corporate LAN issue
                rsadwick
                PinkVirgo,

Make sure you have the latest version of the Flash Player.

If that doesn't help, try loading this lesson: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1681730258?bctid=1606789336

If the SWF doesn't, try to right-click on the Flash Movie. If the menu says "Movie not loaded", hit Refresh on your browser. You might have some cached information somewhere.
                • 5. Re: Corporate LAN issue
                  PinkVirgo Level 1
                  i already install the latest flash player, but nothing happens. the page is still blank, no player display.. is there a possibility that the page cant be loaded because I'm from Asia? is this site is for US IP only?
                  • 6. Re: Corporate LAN issue
                    EliStar
                    When I click that link, all I get is player loading, and no video. I used to get the videos, but now, no more.

Any clues?