5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2008 5:35 PM by Zatechz

google chrome and actionscript 2 (flash 8)

stephan.k Level 1
      Hello Everyone

I've finished up a site for flash player 8 / actionscript 2. Sadly the app doesn't work properly in the new google chrome browser. It seems some functions don't get triggered or triggered too late? The site works fine in all other browsers and platforms (tested ok on Mac/Windows, Safari, IE, Opera, Netscape, Mozilla)

I was wondering if there are any gudinelines or leads on how to deal with this problem.

Anyone else experiencing problems with chrome? This is really frustrating. I'd appreciate any insight or sharing...

Thank you very much.

Best,

stephank

• 1. Re: google chrome and actionscript 2 (flash 8)
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          what player version is installed?
          • 2. Re: google chrome and actionscript 2 (flash 8)
            stephan.k Level 1
            Hi Kglad

I've tested it with the flash player that came when I downloaded chrom which was flash 8 (not sure about the subversion). Then I installed the currrent flash player 9 and then I tested it with the flash 10 beta version. The app fails with all 3 players. Less severerly with flash 9 and 10 but it still fails. With flash 8 the site freezes after viewing 3-4 pages. This doesn't happen with flash 9 and 10. But still some functions don't seem to get triggered. I can't recognize a pattern yet though...

Thank you

Stephan

• 3. Re: google chrome and actionscript 2 (flash 8)
              stephan.k Level 1
              Hello again

As I keep debugging I noticed 2 things.

- The flash player (9 and 10) in chrome does not like it if you move the timeline bar with gotoAndStop() right before triggering another function. When I took out the gotoAndStop() function the app started to work as expected.

- The flash player (9 and 10) in chrome does not like movieclips that are larger than the Stage.width and Stage.height size. They tend to disappear...

Feel free to add to this list... I'm sure there's more...

Thank you

stephank
              • 4. Re: google chrome and actionscript 2 (flash 8)
                2SPACIAL
                I've also run into problems with Chrome while doing maintenance/updates on existing sites. It's too bad. I hope they work out the issues - and soon. I really don't care to be the one scripting my way around their problems.
                • 5. Re: google chrome and actionscript 2 (flash 8)
                  Zatechz
                  Hmm, my website http://www.honeywellce.com which is entirely flash based, was tested today against chrome and I noticed a few things. When the chrome browser had other processes running intensely, I ran into the same problems as you stephan.

When I closed the tab that was taking up CPU power, my site ran flawlessly just as on the other browsers.

Out of curiousity, try checking my website and tell me if it is screwed up as well, if it is, and it works fine for me and other stations here and their Chrome installations, maybe try re-installing chrome?