1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 27, 2008 3:40 PM by Booley4321

Custom Rule Suggestion

Booley4321
      When creating a custom rule, I would like the option to "lock/unlock" the arrangement of colors. When using a predefined rule, changing one color produces an appropriate change in the other four colors. It would be nice to be able to create a custom rule and then "lock" it, allowing the creator to then modify the whole theme by changing a single color.
        • 1. Re: Custom Rule Suggestion
          Booley4321 Level 1
          This post, which I found via search, sheds some light on this topic.

quote:

oshannon24:

I am currently making maps and would like to do a number of different color schemes to see which looks better when projected.

Because the colors will be used in a map, I want the intensity of each color to stay the same. Can I lock the small probes on the color wheel into place and move them around on the color wheel, generating similar color schemes but with different colors?

Thanks!
          quote:

Sami Iwata:

Hello, if you created a custom theme in kuler, currently you cannot lock the markers.

The only way we know to do this is actually in Illustrator CS3, if you have it, where you can take a custom rule, and still lock the colors together.
          - Save kuler theme to Swatches panel
          - Double-click on theme (this will open up Live Color dialog), colors should be "locked"

I don't have Illustrator to use the "Live Color" feature... and there are likely many Kuler users who don't either. Something similar to what oshannon24 and I are suggesting sure would be nice to have in Kuler.