6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2017 11:07 PM by RodWard

audio

SPScreate
      I have recorded audio and had selected it to play through entire project, it would only show the audio on slide one. I have also tried to set the audio as the background but it will not play any of the slides I have recorded and will only play the audio. How do I get the audio to play at the same time the slides are playing?
        • 1. Re: audio
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi SPScreate

Can you give us more information? How did you record the audio? You said you selected it to play through the entire project. How did you do that? I ask, because usually background audio plays through the whole project. But you said you configured that and it wasn't what you wanted or expected.

Normally you record audio after you have recorded the main part of the movie. The audio is then recorded on a slide-by-slide basis.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: audio
            SPScreate Level 1
            I have recorded all the slides and everything is ready to go so I wanted to add the audio in last to the entire project. I recorded through Captivate. I hooked up the microphone and selected record audio without preview and when I was done recording and editing it I went to see where the audio ended on the project so I can go back and match the slides speeds up with the audio. Thats when i found that the audio was only on slide one and non of the other slides will play until the audio was done playing. So then I went and deleted the audio from slide one and went to background audio and imported the recorded audio from my library. I then unchecked the lower background audio option and left loop audio and stop at end of project checked. When i went to play it would only play the audio and not any of the slides.
            • 3. Re: audio
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi again

Okay, based on what you have stated, here is what I believe has happened to you.

You intended to record audio for the entire project. But what happened was that you recorded the entire project audio on slide one only. This is evidenced by the fact you said a speaker icon only appeared on slide one.

What happened may have been a Captivate issue or cockpit error. I'm not sure. Either way though, you probably now have a slide one that is extremely long from the timing perspective. Which is why you think the project isn't playing. It is probably playing merrily along, but because slide one is the duration of that long audio clip, it never moves from slide one!

What you probably need to do is this. Edit slide one and configure its play time to be much much shorter. This should put things sort of back to where they were. Next, click slide one to select it and click Audio > Import... and point at the long clip. Captivate should present you with a dialog asking what you wish to do with the audio. Choose the second option. This should allow you to choose where the breaks will occur for the slides.

Give that a go and see if it helps... Rick
              • 4. Re: audio
                SPScreate Level 1
                I have done what you said but the dialog box that lets you indicate where you want the slide change to be on the audio won't actual let me assign another slide therefore, still making my slide one as long as the audio. I would rather just have the audio play in the background and then I can go and adjust each slide and mouse movement occording to the audio speed. Is there a way to make that work?
                • 5. Re: audio
                  rsramiro

add audio as background audio...

• 6. Re: audio
                    RodWard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can be done.

Audio > Insert to > Background.