1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 25, 2008 11:49 PM by Newsgroup_User

FW CS3 crashes when Fill Type selected

paladyn Level 1
      While using FW CS3, if I select an object and click the Fill Type popup in the Properties pane, and that control only (so far), FW just vanishes. No error dialog, no warning, no request to send Adobe a crash report. Nothing. Just gonzo.

I've developed a reflex action now to hit Ctrl-S before attempting to use the control, but it's still a PITA to have to restart, reload the project, and continue. When I do restart, I can use the control again, even occasionally several times, but only a few times, before it happens again. Like I said, no other function seems to do this. Any suggestions?

Also, I've been able to find shortcut keys aplenty for PS, but nothing for FW. Anybody know if there's a shortcut key for invoking the Fill Type? If so, I'd like to try it to see if that might work instead. Not a fix, but at least a workaround...
        • 1. Re: FW CS3 crashes when Fill Type selected
          Level 7
          paladyn wrote:

> Also, I've been able to find shortcut keys aplenty for PS, but nothing for FW.
          > Anybody know if there's a shortcut key for invoking the Fill Type? If so, I'd
          > like to try it to see if that might work instead. Not a fix, but at least a
          > workaround...

There isn't a shortcut key for Fill. Try deleting the Fireworks CS3
          Preferences txt. On my machine that's located at:

C:\Users\test\Application Data\Adobe\Fireworks CS3\English

--
          Linda Rathgeber - Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/8.html
          --------------------------------------------------------------