Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AppMeasurement 4.x for iOS turn off app state auto tracking (Specially crash report)

Level 1

I had integrated adobe mobile services to IOS app but i want to turn off app state auto tracking (Specially crash report).I am using different tools for getting crash reports.Can i turn off auto tracking of crashes and app state.Is there any API available for that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. No, there is not a way to turn off the app state auto tracking.

Best,

Tacia

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. No, there is not a way to turn off the app state auto tracking.

Best,

Tacia

Level 1

So if i want to use Adobe SDK i have to allow my app to send unnecessary app state data to server.Which will increase network traffic for my app.Do adobe have any plan to fix this critical problem.We should have a option/API to stop this auto tracking.

Level 9

The crash reporting is attached to the lifecycle hit. It's not an additional hit - meaning it doesn't send additional traffic. It's all sent in one hit with the other data. Are you running into an issue, or can you explain further why you are looking for this functionality? That will help me better understand what you are looking for. 

Thank you,

Tacia

Level 1

Thanks for your reply 

There is as such no problem with SDK out marketing team don't want crash counts and user app state data,.Marketing team only need specific data on portal.

In current SDK if only include ADBMobile.h file in my source code it start sending state data.According to me it make sense to have a API to stop automatically send state data.

Could you please provide an SDK with APIs to stop automatically send state data?