Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Download stats, direct URLs not included?

Level 1

If I share a link (on Facebook, for example) directly to a PDF on my domain, such as www.mydomain.com/files/myfile.pdf – will that show up in the Omniture's File Download Report?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

To answer your question directly, no it won't. The user must click a link on a page with Analytics tracking to your site in order to count it. Since Facebook or other social media sites are clicking links that go to the file and do not have Analytics implemented, they are not tracked.

If you really wanted this information, you could use server-side logic to send data to Adobe Analytics whenever someone requested to download or read the file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

To answer your question directly, no it won't. The user must click a link on a page with Analytics tracking to your site in order to count it. Since Facebook or other social media sites are clicking links that go to the file and do not have Analytics implemented, they are not tracked.

If you really wanted this information, you could use server-side logic to send data to Adobe Analytics whenever someone requested to download or read the file.

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please go through the below link to understand how File Downloads Report works:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/reports_file_downloads.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Level 1

Thank you for your reply. However, the information I want is not available on that page. It does not state wether the analysis tool also fetch direct traffic downloads (as in my example in the first post). I understand that it will collect data if I click a link on my site, but that was not the question.