2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2008 7:04 PM by Newsgroup_User

I cannot extend a QTsprite over 32000 frames

elisabettaclarius
      does anybody know how to extend sprite over 32000 frames? In my project I cannot do it. My movie last 39000 frames and i need to extend it all on the score.
      thank you very much
        • 1. Re: I cannot extend a QTsprite over 32000 frames
          James Newton, ACP Level 3
          Your QuickTime sprite is self-contained. You can stretch it over however many frames you like and it will play all the way through, so long as the playback head remains on that span of frames.

One way to do this is to place the following behavior on your QuickTime sprite:
          • 2. Re: I cannot extend a QTsprite over 32000 frames
            Level 7
            elisabettaclarius wrote:

> does anybody know how to extend sprite over 32000 frames? In my project I cannot do it. My movie last 39000 frames and i need to extend it all on the score.

Hi,

As James (openspark) suggested, you can use a behavior to wait until the end of the QT video rather than extend the sprite over so many frames. So, you may just
            have the sprite extended over say 10 frames and then just add the code James provided as a sprite behavior attached to the video sprite. It will jump to the
            next marker once the video has finished playing.

James' code checks if the movieTime (the current time of the video) has reached the duration (the full time length of the video) to check if it's finished
            playing. With QT, the movieRate property goes to 0 when the QT reaches its end. 1=forward, 0=paused, -1=reverse. So, you could use the following behavior:

property pSprite

on beginSprite(me)
            pSprite = sprite(me.spriteNum)
            pSprite.movieRate = 1
            end beginSprite

on exitFrame(me)
            if pSprite.movieTime = 0 then
            go next
            else
            go the frame
            end if
            end exitFrame

Just to answer your question of how to extend a sprite over a frame range. You can click on the end frame of the sprite and drag it, but this is difficult when
            you need to extend it over a large frame range. The easier way is to select the sprite, open the Property Inspector, and then change the 'End' property. You
            can type in 32000 and it will extend the sprite to that frame. But, it is never a good idea to have a sprite extended over that many frames. Better to use a
            behavior to loop in a frame until no longer necessary.

regards
            Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
            http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/
            http://www.multimediacreative.com.au
            email: d.utian@unsw.edu.au