9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2006 6:44 PM by sjhpubs

Downloading Problems

Me365
      I downloaded the trial version of DreamWeaver. When the installer got to the part where you get to choose where you want to save it, the program stopped responding. I have tried over 8 times now and no progress.
        • 1. Re: Downloading Problems
          Level 7
          Me365 wrote:
          > I downloaded the trial version of DreamWeaver. When the installer got to the
          > part where you get to choose where you want to save it, the program stopped
          > responding. I have tried over 8 times now and no progress.
          >
          It's possible the full download didn't completely execute. Try to DL
          instead before installing.

--
          Bonnie
          in California
          8 ^ )
          • 2. Re: Downloading Problems
            sjhpubs Level 1
            I, too, am trying to download from the trial page, English, Windows, Dreamweaver 8, and when I click the download button under the selection box, it seems to automatically doubleclick (I cannot control this), and nothing happens. So ai don't see any further dialog boxes. It is very frustrating that I cannot get any info on how to contact Adobe directly about this--I just keep being sent in a circle of pages that always wind up back at the same place.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Sandy
            • 3. Re: Downloading Problems
              Level 7
              Did you turn off any download managers or accelerators?

"sjhpubs" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:eh3dvd$a0r$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > I, too, am trying to download from the trial page, English, Windows,
              > Dreamweaver 8, and when I click the download button under the selection
              > box, it
              > seems to automatically doubleclick (I cannot control this), and nothing
              > happens. So ai don't see any further dialog boxes. It is very
              > frustrating
              > that I cannot get any info on how to contact Adobe directly about this--I
              > just
              > keep being sent in a circle of pages that always wind up back at the same
              > place.
              >
              > Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
              >
              > Sandy
              >

• 4. Re: Downloading Problems
                Level 7
                See if this article helps:

Download help
                http://www.adobe.com/go/15296

--
                David Alcala
                Adobe Product Support

• 5. Re: Downloading Problems
                  sjhpubs Level 1
                  As far as I know, there are none running. I don't use accelarators or Download managers.
                  • 6. Re: Downloading Problems
                    sjhpubs Level 1
                    I have already been routed to this article many tines--It does not help.

I rebooted my machine, and now when I click on the Download button, it still seems to double-click, even though I only single click, and it seems to do something very fast, but then it just sitts on the same page and the file is not downloaded and I get no messages. I think it has something to do with the double-click action, which I have no control over.

Is there an alternate download link?
                    • 7. Re: Downloading Problems
                      Level 7

> when I click on the Download button, it still
                      > seems to double-click, even though I only single click, and it seems to do
                      > something very fast, but then it just sitts on the same page and the file is
                      > not downloaded

suggestion?
                      Use a different browser, or log in as a different Users on your machine.
                      Or clear cache/history in the current browser. And system temp files
                      possibly.

• 8. Re: Downloading Problems
                        sjhpubs Level 1
                        I tried clearing everything and the result is the same. Is there some other link on another page that I can use?
                        • 9. Re: Downloading Problems
                          sjhpubs Level 1
                          And every time I go through this, Adobe sends me another copy of a welcome message!