1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2008 11:20 AM by Newsgroup_User

Text Entry Fields Shifting

ledc811 Level 1
      I recorded a project which included text entry fields in which I did enter text. I resized my project and in doing so these fields now shift to the left when it shows the text entry portion. Does anyone know the best way to fix this and how to prevent in the future?
        • 1. Re: Text Entry Fields Shifting
          Level 7
          >I recorded a project which included text entry fields in which I did enter
          > text. I resized my project and in doing so these fields now shift to the
          > left
          > when it shows the text entry portion. Does anyone know the best way to fix
          > this
          > and how to prevent in the future?
          >

I find the same. The problem is that Captivate interpolates pixels and
          colours to resize - and [speculation] the background image is resized with a
          separate calculation from the one that resize your text entry, since the
          text entry field is captured as separate object. The resized object must be
          made into a fixed-pixel size, but will often scale slightly differently from
          the background.

I've found no workaround when using rescale, and wouldn't expect to find
          one, since the scaling process does not produce an object that is sized to
          fractions of a pixel.

However, if, instead of rescaling your project, you leave it at the original
          size, and change the displayed size in the html file that is published with
          your swf file, you should find that scaling is much better, with no shift in
          sizes when you reach the text entry. The reason for this is that the
          published swf file will be dynamically rescaled while it is running, and the
          entire project is rescaled as one object, rather than multiple separate
          objects.

HTH

Steve

--
          http://twitter.com/Stevehoward999

Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
          European eLearning Summit - EeLS
          Adobe-sponsored eLearning conference.
          http://www.elearningsummit.eu