Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Target OOTB referrer

Level 2

I am creating experience using OOTB target audience "Referred from Google". For testing the mbox offers, what parameter should I pass with mbox so that it respond with matching offers for "Referred from Google".

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sanjeev, 

To simulate the behaviour from the webpage for a not yet live website, you can create an Audience within Adobe Target  "Referred From Google- Not Live" and add rule for Traffic sources  and place condition as Referring Landing Page contains  say " www.localhost.com/google_dummy_search_page" .

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Sanjeev, 

What type of Activity you are creating i.e. AB Testing or Multivariate or Experience Targeting as different different activities have different use cases ?.

If you want to create an offer for Audiences "Referred From Google" Then in that case , you can use  Experience Targeting and there will be 1:1 mapping between the Experience and Audience and it will not be required to pass a separate mbox parameter.

Please do let us know in case of any more questions or queries.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2
Thanks for the reply,

I am doing Experience testing and using 'referred from google' for one of the experience.

Since my site is not yet live and my site is not indexed by search engine.

How can I simulate this behavior of Google referrer manually form the webpage? 

Thanks
Sanjeev

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sanjeev, 

To simulate the behaviour from the webpage for a not yet live website, you can create an Audience within Adobe Target  "Referred From Google- Not Live" and add rule for Traffic sources  and place condition as Referring Landing Page contains  say " www.localhost.com/google_dummy_search_page" .

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal