Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

List of users, groups and permissions

Level 1

How can I get a list of users, groups and associated permissions from AEM? This is needed for an audit promptly.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hey Petr,

This org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user.UserManager api can be used for accessing related to users.

@Smac

This com.day.cq.security.UserManager is deprecated right.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

TO work with Users and Groups in AEM, you use com.day.cq.security.UserManager. This API provides access to AEM groups and users. To learn how to get a list of users using this API, see this article:

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/using-ajax-requests-display-cq.html

One you learn how to work with UserManager, you can perform other tasks supported by this API. 

Hope this helps. 

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hey Petr,

This org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user.UserManager api can be used for accessing related to users.

@Smac

This com.day.cq.security.UserManager is deprecated right.

Level 10

That is a good point -- the com.day.cq.security.UserManager works; however, better to use org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user.UserManager. I will ensure that the community article is updated to show use of org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user.UserManager.

Level 1

Thanks all, so it means that I can't get that without developing a new app. That is disappointing, as I thought AEM is an auditable system - or at least we were told that by Adobe during presales.

Level 10

Out of the box, CQ has the sample Geometrixx sample sites. 

However -- there is up front customization that is required to build the experience that you want (typically by a developer) -- including custom reports.

However - once done, an author can do things that a developer would typically have to do, like change content on a web page, add new pages, etc.

Hope this helps.  

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----