Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Global Test Not Working Across Multiple Pages

Former Community Member

I have a test implemented in Target Standard that I want to run across the entire site. I have used the advanced activity url criteria but the test is still not displaying globally. I know i have used the advanced criteria properly. Has anyone else had issues getting tests to run globally in Target Standard? If so, any troubleshooters?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi

I did some testing regarding this with my test environment and the test seems to work once the reference to the global mbox is made which found missing on your website.

Thanks

Raag

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 8

Can you share more details on how you've setup this test, what you're trying to test and the expected result vs what you're currently seeing? This will help troubleshoot this better.

Thanks

Nikhil

Employee

Hi,

Let me look into this and revert. Could you please share the experience URL you are using to build the test.

Former Community Member

Hi Nikhil,

I'm trying to test a different label for the global drop down menu in the header. For example, it currently says "Departments" and I want to test this against "Shop by Department". 

To implement, I selected the home page as the activity url and then went into the "advanced" section so as to include additional pages within this activity. I've tried various paramaters for url or domain contains but nothing has worked. Regardless of the advanced page parameters, I only see the change appear on the home page and it needs to be a global change.

Example:

Activitiy url is "http://www.[websitename].ca/en.html"

Advance parameter is url contains "[websitename].ca/en" also tried domain contains "[websitename].ca" and path contains "/en" also tried url contains "http://www.[websitename].ca/en" or contains "https://www.[websitename].ca/en". None have worked to extend the test past the original activity url page.

Thanks!

Employee

Hi

Apologies for the Delayed response, I am still looking into this. Will revert shortly.

Thanks

Raag

Former Community Member

Hi Raag,

Thank you for continuing to look into this - much appreciated!

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi

I did some testing regarding this with my test environment and the test seems to work once the reference to the global mbox is made which found missing on your website.

Thanks

Raag

Former Community Member

Thank you for looking into this, Raag.

However, can you please clarify? The global mbox is on my site. Is there something wrong with how it is implemented or is there a way to reference the global mbox in the test setup that I'm not currently doing?