8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2008 5:53 AM by jdldn

Preview in browser, cant see anything!

jdldn Level 1
      Im experimenting with making a site with buttons but when I preview in my browser the page is blank. If I look at the code then I can see some tables and stuff created but nothing that shows up in the normal view.

When I do image preview everything is there so I cant figure out why this is happening.
      thanks
        • 1. Re: Preview in browser, cant see anything!
          pixlor Level 4
          quote:

Originally posted by: jdldn
          Im experimenting with making a site with buttons but when I preview in my browser the page is blank. If I look at the code then I can see some tables and stuff created but nothing that shows up in the normal view.

When I do image preview everything is there so I cant figure out why this is happening.
          thanks

Did you export HTML and images? Does your code reference your images? Can you see your images in your folder?
          • 2. Re: Preview in browser, cant see anything!
            jdldn Level 1
            Do I have to export my HTML and images?

I just went File/ Preview in Browser. This is similar to what i do periodically when im making something in dreamweaver.

The only thing in the page seems to be a table and some code which i think is java script from my buttons.

When i use the preview view option in fireworks everything looks as it should.

• 3. Preview in browser, cant see anything!
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
              No, you don't need to Export in order to File > Preview in Browser.

It should be working. What do you have set as your Primary Browser?

Double check the Pages Panel, and ensure you are on the right page. Example if you have a Master Page with few elements, and that is the active Page, then you may be not seeing all the elements on the subsequent pages. (just a guess on that one, as it has happened to me on occasion)
              h
              • 4. Re: Preview in browser, cant see anything!
                jdldn Level 1
                It seems to be working in Safari now.
                Ive cleared the cache from firefox but still no luck. Oh well, ill just use safari then. thanks
                • 5. Re: Preview in browser, cant see anything!
                  Level 7
                  Just so you'll know, you shouldn't use a graphics app to write the HTML for
                  a production-level site. It's OK for prototyping, but not for a real
                  website.

--
                  Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                  Adobe Community Expert
                  (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                  ==================
                  http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                  http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                  ==================

"jdldn" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:gdkugs$qe1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > It seems to be working in Safari now.
                  > Ive cleared the cache from firefox but still no luck. Oh well, ill just
                  > use safari then. thanks

• 6. Preview in browser, cant see anything!
                    jdldn Level 1
                    Yeah, im hoping that I can upload a rough version for clients to have a look at before I import it into dreamweaver.

Can you upload sites straight from fireworks with the interactivity of image rollovers, links, etc?
                    • 7. Re: Preview in browser, cant see anything!
                      Level 7
                      > Can you upload it with the interactivity of button rollover, links, etc?

Certainly. You just need to upload all of the required dependent files.

--
                      Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                      Adobe Community Expert
                      (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                      ==================
                      http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                      http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                      ==================

"jdldn" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                      news:gdn2o0$pdl$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                      > Yeah, im hoping that I can upload a rough version for clients to have a
                      > look at.
                      >
                      > Can you upload it with the interactivity of button rollover, links, etc?

• 8. Re: Preview in browser, cant see anything!
                        jdldn Level 1