0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2008 2:03 AM by OscarGodson

Open in User's Browser

OscarGodson
      I have tried this for hours. Can someone tell me why this wont work? I am using jQuery to select the anchors, but I have tried putting the code inside of an onclick instead as well as every other way possible and all don't work.

$('a').click(function(){
      air.navigateToURL(new air.URLRequest(' http://google.com'));
      return false;
      });

Basically that code above does something but I can't figure out what. Alerts and traces both work. When I click on a link the app looses focus underneath TextMate (text editor I'm using) IF I comment or remove the return false. . It wont open in Firefox, Safari, Netscape, Opera, Shiira, or Firefox 2. I have all those browsers, but it either:

1. Isn't working at all (syntax problem or something)
      2. Trying to load the link in TextMate
      3. Doesn't know what my browsers are.

I have jQuery, AIRAliases, My JS Code [which loads XML], and then the CSS loaded and in that order.

I even removed the href="" attributes from it to try to get it to work and it still doesn't. If I leave the href attributes in there it loads the href AFTER the app looses focus, but STILL it loads the URL inside of AIR's GUI.

P.S. window.htmlLoader.navigateInSystemBrowser = true;
      I have tried that it doesn't work. Tried so many combos of it inside the click, above jquery document ready, after, right inside. I don't know what else to do!