Let me re-phrase the question:- AEM Forms vs AEM out-of-box Form Component | Which should be preferred and what are the pros and cons?
Answer:- It depends on your use case, if you have one or two simple forms where you want to capture 5 fields of information then the OOTB forms would suffice. However if you have this requirement, moderately complex, and/or complex forms then AEM Forms would be a better solution. Here are some of the details as to why I make this statement:
1) Form model capabilities - being able to bind a form to a schema or XDP form for ease of back end integration
2) Rule builder as an example of being able to add logic to a form without the requirement of scripting including access to web services
3) Document of record - in many cases upon submission of data there is a desire to create an archive of the submission, AEM Forms can create PDF and PDF/A documents by utilizing OOTB services and either no or little coding
4) If you have a need for adding attachments to the form and using them as part of archive or welcome kit - AEM Forms OOTB can convert other document types to PDF and then combine these documents together along with page numbering, table of contents, bookmarks ect....
5) Batch capabilities - perhaps you have a requirement to merge data onto a template and produce print output that's directed to printer or bulk PDF creation
6) OOTB correspondence management capabilities to manage documents such as contracts
7) A much richer set of components that come OOTB to ensure the best possible user experience
8) One click Marketing Cloud integration - easily add in Analytics, Adobe Sign, Target using the built in Forms Manager
9) Sophisticate form capabilities such as form fragments, form sets, lazy loading - these all ensure ease of form authoring and ensure a high performing user experience
10) Forms Manager to manage all your forms - dictionary translation, initiate review and comment, find relationships between forms and form fragments ect....
The above is a limited list of all the reason to select one implementation versus another but I wanted to at least give you some food for thought. If you need more detail let me know.
I would request you to please have a look at this post:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experie nce-manager.topic.html/forum__tfe4-hi_i_have_pressi.html