2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2008 8:07 PM by James Newton, ACP

Sprites draggable outside stage

sarah louise water
      Hi

Can anyone help.

I have tried several solutions with no success.

I have 2 sprites that I need to be draggable outside the stage.

1 sprite is a dragger (image) and the 2nd is a follower of the 1st sprite (keeping it's exact position).

I have this scripted correctly, but noticed when publishing that the draggable sprite does not extend out of the stage.

I have tried the built in behaviours but they do not work. I have also set the dragger sprite to moveable at the properties panel and applied the follow sprite to the Follow Sprite behaviour , but the follow sprite behaviour does not stay in it's exact position.

I have also tried creating an miaw for the sprite but it messes up my movie scripts as there is user tracking.

Can anyone help - is it possible for sprites to be dragged outside the stage - and is there an exact follow behaviour for the 2nd sprite?

Kind Regards
      Many Thanks
      S Waterfield
        • 1. Re: Sprites draggable outside stage
          Level 7
          What do you expect to see or happen when you say "dragged outside of the
          stage"?
          Director can't draw anything outside of the windows it has control over,
          so even though a sprite might follow your mouse it won't be visibly
          rendered if it's off the stage.
          • 2. Re: Sprites draggable outside stage
            James Newton, ACP Level 3
            quote:

Originally posted by: sarah louise water
            I have 2 sprites that I need to be draggable outside the stage.
            I have ... tried creating an miaw for the sprite but it messes up my movie scripts as there is user tracking.

From your latest description, it sounds as if a MIAW is the way to go. So the question now becomes: what do you mean by user tracking, and how does the MIAW mess up your movie scripts?

If you could give us some details on what you are trying to achieve, we may be able to help you more successfully.