I posted a few days ago about another issue I was having with an adaptive form I'm working on. Thanks to the feedback received I was able to resolve that issue so thank you for that!
I have a few other issues which I believe may be issues associated with the template itself (as opposed to my form built on top of the template). I say this because I have 2 demos based on the same template and I'm observing the same issues on both of my forms and I have observed the same behavior on other adaptive forms I have quickly thrown together to see if they exhibit the same issues
Here's some back story so you have an idea of the context for these issues:
- adaptive form demo being built on AEM6 SP1, AEM Forms SP1, AEM Forms FP1.
- XFA based adaptive form.
- form template located at /apps/geometrixx-gov/components/page/tabbed-enrollment-page copied into a new project.
- I've created 2 virtually identical form demo's so far, both based on the same XFA form.
- Demo 1 was created within the Geometrixx web site and was my initial attempt at the demo.
- Demo 2 was created on a new AEM site I created which is based on a copy of the potential client's actual web site which I imported into AEM using the AEM Site Importer tool.
- both demos are created using the same above mentioned AEM Forms template, although demo 2 is of course using the copied instance of the form template.
- Adaptive form has a repeating panel section which was created by dragging and dropping the repeating section in the XFA form onto the adaptive form template (Minimum count property under the Repeat Settings tab of the panel is set to 4).
- Parent panel which holds the repeating sections has its "Layout of items" property set to "Layout for accordion design".
- adaptive form has required fields (set at the XFA level).
- adaptive form has an E-Sign component on it configured to use Echosign to render the XFA form and have it signed.
- XFA form is bound by a schema so that data entered on the adaptive form can be populated in the Echosign rendered XFA form.
Here are my issues:
1. Caption of repeating panel sections are as follows:
1st panel's caption - PanelName
2nd panel's caption - PanelName 1
3rd panel's caption - PanelName 2
4th panel's caption - PanelName 3
2. I've noticed the naming (ie numbering) of additional repeating panels I add can be mixed up. If you click "+" on the PanelName 3 row you get a PanelName 4 row below it. If you click on the PanelName 3 row again, you end up with two PanelName 4 rows. To keep the numbers incrementing properly you have to always click the "+" sign on the last row. Conversely, if you remove any rows before the last row the numbers get out of sync (ie they don't renumber automatically).
3. If I try to submit the form before all required fields are complete, when I then navigate to the E-Sign component I see a message box which says "Please esign the form". Once I dismiss this dialog box I can no longer get the E-Sign component to render the XFA form inside it. Navigating back and forth between other tabs on the form and the tab with the E-Sign component does not resolve the issue. Similarly, if I do fill out all required fields and then try to submit prior to signing the form with Echosign I get the same message box in the E-Sign component. Dismissing the message box causes the XFA form to disappear and the XFA form will not render anymore. Prior to attempting a submit I can navigate to the E-Sign component numerous times and each time it renders the XFA form, always reflecting the current data entered on the adaptive form.
So, just wondering if these are known issues (ie bugs)? Has anyone else encountered them? Are there fixes or workarounds?
If the panel naming is a bug I'm not opposed to trying to fix it myself for the purpose of my demo but I'm quite new to AEM and so far have not had any success identifying where in the code this is happening.
Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.