Yes it is a known issue, adding jQuery in Templates brings in some weird problems. And FYI, we bundle jQuery 1.8.0 in our Adaptive Form.
Further to my previous reply, your question about whether the website I imported used jquery got me thinking about a possible version conflict. I commented out the reference to the website's instance of jquery and the radio button's are now working as expected. For the purposes of this demo I think I can get away without the page needing it's jquery reference.
Thanks for asking the right questions!
Steps to reproduce. Yes, that could be difficult. I assume you mean how did I come to be in this situation as opposed to me just saying well, just click on the radio button and look, it doesn't highlight :-)
Here is the general progression I followed:
1. developed the xfa based adaptive form inside the Geometrixx-gov website, just as a sort of first step.
2. created a new client branded website using the Site Importer tool.
3. I copied the template my adaptive form was based on and got it working inside my new website.
4. I actually managed to copy the adaptive form I first created in the Geometrixx-gov website to my new website. I then repointed the template the adaptive form was based on to the template I copied into my new website.
Re your questions:
1. No scripts are attached to the radio buttons in the XFA form.
2. No, as mentioned, I was able to literally copy the adaptive form from one website to the other and reconfigure the underlying form template it was based on. The Bind Reference property is populated for each radio button as I have the XFA form bound to a schema.
3. Yes, it looks like it was/is using jquery. Appears to be version 2.0.3.
Thanks for providing the information, it will be difficult to debug this issue without reproducing the issue that you are facing . Will it be possible for you to tell the steps that might help us reproduce the issue at our end ?
Apart from that I would like to know few extra things from you
1. Whether you have written any scripts on the change event of radiobutton in xfa ?
2. Whether there is any difference in the properties of radio button in demo1 and radio button in demo2 ? Mainly, Bind Reference property in the script tab of the edit dialog or default value.
3. Is the client's website using jQuery ? If yes what is the version ?