3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2008 2:08 AM by RoboColum(n)

problems generating java help

RH-Lutte
      Hello,

I am using RoboHelp HTML X5.0.2 Build 606.
      Everythings seems to be fine but:
      - I can not generate Java Help for JH 2.0. Every Time RH asks for the SDK. After I select the SDK RH refuses my selection.
      - Creating Java Help for 1.3.1 works, but the resulting *_map.xml is wrong. I tryed to map different identifiers to the same page, but only one identifier was mapped

Is there somebody to give me a hint?!
      Thanks!
        • 1. Re: problems generating java help
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Welcome to our community, Peter

I had a participant in a RoboHelp 7 class that struggled for days with this. I believe that ultimately he discovered it simply wasn't possible to accomplish and he moved the project to a WebHelp output.

As for JavaHelp, I'm guessing that there simply aren't enough real users of it so as to warrant critical development by Adobe to enhance it. Yeah, it's there as an option. But with limitations.

I don't suppose there is any way you might consider WebHelp? Perhaps take a look at the article linked below:
          Click here to read the article

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: problems generating java help
            RH-Lutte Level 1
            Thanks for the answer. I have to discuss this issue with my boss, as Java Help is set to the project I am working on.

• 3. Re: problems generating java help
              RoboColum(n) Level 5
              Perhaps you could go armed with the list of limitations associated with JavaHelp - these are listed in RH's help - and play up those. I've heard it before where someone says something like, "We must have JavaHelp because we have a Java application." WebHelp provides a greater degree of flexibility and functionality than JavaHelp and works just a well. Why not create some WebHelp output from your project and show your manager the results.