• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 Stalled During Back Up and Now Won't Open

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR6 and was viewing photos in the Grid View.  If I tried looking at just one I noticed it hung (little gear like image appearing in middle of screen) on displaying it.  When I clicked over to Develop, it properly showed the photo.  I only wanted to look for a photo - so did nothing more.  But I did try this on several photos and they all behaved the same way.  When I closed, it asked if I wanted to backup and I said yes.  After approx 18 hours with the small window saying it was backing up, I tried cancelling the backup and that too stalled.  So, I forced LR to quit.  Now when I try opening it, it bounces on my dock for a while and then sits.  Option when I right click is Force Quit.  Mac El Capitan 10.11.6.  I've had LR since around Oct of last year. 

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Please uninstall Lightroom, restart your machine and reinstall it.

Download link for Lightroom 6: http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/LTRM/6/osx10/Lightroom_6_LS11.dmg?PID=2159997

For Updates: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bg,

You may try few steps to fix this issue.

1. Reset Lightroom preferences back to default, refer: Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

2. Check if there's any .lock file saved to the same location of your Lightroom catalog, If yes then rename the file to .lock.old

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kindly for your speedy response.

I tried #1 and the Reset Preferences window never appear.  LR icon just bounced up and down in dock and I had to Force Quit.

I tried number #2 and found "Lightroom Catalog.lrcat.lock", I changed to "Lightroom Catalog.lrcat.lock.old".  Tried opening LR and again, the icon just bounced in the dock with me having to Force Quit.

Other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to include this, showing the files I had out there (if it helps any) :

lightroomfiles.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please uninstall Lightroom, restart your machine and reinstall it.

Download link for Lightroom 6: http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/LTRM/6/osx10/Lightroom_6_LS11.dmg?PID=2159997

For Updates: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines