Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching on indexed documents

May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to do a search on many different documents, large documents so I index themEvery time I find something and highlight it i have to reindex because it says its now invalid. Is there any way to make highlights and comments not mess the index or any other workaround solution. Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Comments and highlights changes the document. When you save the document with File > Save the changes will be added at the end of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking if there is a way to create a file that has the comments without modifying the actual .pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create the index enable the option "Do not warn about changed documents..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but even if it does not warn, the index gets messed up every time I comment or highlight and it has to be reconstructed. I don't really edit anything only comment and highlights

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Comments and highlights changes the document. When you save the document with File > Save the changes will be added at the end of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines