• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternate layout background

New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to set a background image (or color) for more than one layout, that automatically scales (like it does with the object based rule) but also updates on the alternate Layouts, when changes are made to the first background (or master).

From what I understand it's not possible, because every time I create an alternate layout, it also creates a new master page, that is not linked to another master page and the only objects that are constantly linked are text objects, is that correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Hi,

1. If you want the background to be an image, place the image in original document. Then when you create an alternate layout with object based rule...

i. It will scale

ii. if you update image in original document it will automatically update in alternate layout

2. If you want the background to be a solid color, create a text frame and add a fill color to it in original document. Then when you create an alternate layout with object based rule...

i. It will scale

ii. if you upd

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

1. If you want the background to be an image, place the image in original document. Then when you create an alternate layout with object based rule...

i. It will scale

ii. if you update image in original document it will automatically update in alternate layout

2. If you want the background to be a solid color, create a text frame and add a fill color to it in original document. Then when you create an alternate layout with object based rule...

i. It will scale

ii. if you update fill color in original document it will automatically update in alternate layout

FYI: your understanding is correct.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines