• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC crashing

Explorer ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stability has never been a mainstay of CC but honestly, the latest Premiere Pro update (OS X) in conjunction with the past few years of miserable problems has me looking at FCP-X, Resolve and other solutions for our Production Company - and you can bet I'll cancel my CC membership if and when we do jump ship.  SO — TIRED OF SLOW CRASHING PREMIERE UNDER OSX.

Yeah...not posting specs etc because I'm done investing hours into documenting issues that will either be ignored or have changed by the next software release.  Adobe - (or at least other OS X Premiere users) YOU know what you (Adobe) did 😕

Mod Note: Warning. Do not use profanity. It is against Adobe community guidelines.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds very frustrating!

Remember, most of us here are just users like you, but we would be glad to try to help! If you want help from your fellow users, please make a new thread in the Premiere forum with a more full description of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kidtreo,

Need way more info to help you out. Sorry for the frustration. You probably have to reset Adobe folder permissions if things are that gnarled up. Take a look: Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought this was my fix... then crashed again. But was working MUCH more smoothly after changing permissions.  Here is my crash log.

Process:               Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 [3134]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017

Identifier:            com.adobe.PremierePro.CC11

Version:               11.1.1 (11.1.1)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 [3134]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-06-03 09:59:56.707 -0700

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1510)

Report Version:        11

Anonymous UUID:        99F796EE-489C-A4B8-D72C-0ED995BD42E5

Time Awake Since Boot: 81000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        43

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Thread 43 Crashed:

0   com.mainconcept.mc.bc.dec.avc 0x000000011b7ecd68 0x11b7a4000 + 298344

1   com.mainconcept.mc.bc.dec.avc 0x000000011b7e682a 0x11b7a4000 + 272426

2   com.mainconcept.mc.bc.dec.avc 0x000000011b7da302 0x11b7a4000 + 221954

3   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff958d599d _pthread_body + 131

4   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff958d591a _pthread_start + 168

5   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff958d3351 thread_start + 13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi White Lily Films,

What were you doing when you experienced this crash? Exporting? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe seems to be racing ahead while so many issues, time to change and only been on prem pro 4 months

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But still crashing eh?  Good luck...we've just stopped using all 3 of our OS X machines and are on PC till this shakes out [rollls eyes]

~Kidtreo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been struggling with a Premiere Pro since 2017. After testing against FCP and Resolve it loses in almost all categories. The crashing is a huge problem. I don't think it can be fixed at this point. My theory is that over the last three years adobe has had hundreds of different people adding to this layer cake. Each person programs a bit differently and just keeps adding and adding and it's gotten to the point where they can't identify where the issues come from. Let's face it, if they knew then every filmmaker I know wouldn't be ditching PP. I sadly won't be re installing premier upon the arrival of my new computer. Adobe it's time to start from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines