• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low Commission Common for Content Purchased on Adobe Stock?

Engaged ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been contributing 4k video to Adobe Stock for 7 months.  In this time I've made 8 sales on roughly 500 clips.  The average earnings per clip has been $12.48.  Two of the sales generated only $3.60 each.

This is very poor.  It seems I'm only selling 720p or 480p versions of my clips.  Are most Adobe Stock buyers only buying low resolution content?  It seems I've only made 1 HD sale and absolutely no 4k sales.  At this rate it is certainly not worth my time to upload and tag content at Adobe Stock.

What are other contributor's experiences?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

As you probably know, Adobe purchased Fotolia as a way to establish a strong presence in the stock content marketplace.  Fotolia continues to have strong sales and is slightly different than Adobe Stock.

In the case of video, Adobe Stock currently offers two products to sell (4k, HD) and Fotolia offers five (4k, 1080, 720, 480, 240).  The lower resolution and frame size comes with a lower cost.

If you received a lower royalty, then it is due to a smaller sized clip that was purchased.  Ultim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you probably know, Adobe purchased Fotolia as a way to establish a strong presence in the stock content marketplace.  Fotolia continues to have strong sales and is slightly different than Adobe Stock.

In the case of video, Adobe Stock currently offers two products to sell (4k, HD) and Fotolia offers five (4k, 1080, 720, 480, 240).  The lower resolution and frame size comes with a lower cost.

If you received a lower royalty, then it is due to a smaller sized clip that was purchased.  Ultimately, having the two marketplaces today offers our contributors two unique offerings in which to publish and promote their content.

Best regards,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matt.

It would appear then that all my Adobe sales are through Fotolia's website.

Is there any way to prevent Fotolia from selling my videos at resolutions below 720p?  Getting $3.60 for a sale is just depressing and I'd rather not sell my videos at that price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Matt,

I seems you didn't answer the question: "Are most Adobe Stock buyers only buying low resolution content?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is not an option to opt out of the lower resolution sales at Fotolia.

There are no low resolution sales at Adobe Stock at this time.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines