• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a table of contents and need help figuring out how to split in it into columns (2 per page). So far all I can get it to do is have one long column that I can't fit onto one page. I tried the "span column" function in the control panel menu but can't get that to work either. Do I have to create 4 different TOC styles to get the desired columns?

Also, a side note my mac keeps freezing up when I try to highlight anything in the TOC text box. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Posting screenshots showing what you want and what you are getting presently would have been helpful.

Just to demonstrate I creates a very basic TOC...

I then divided the columns in 2. Do note I have some overset text in my TOC text frame.

When I divided I got some of my overset text in the second column. I then pressed the outport of this frame and placed the remaining overset text of the TOC frame on a new page

You can then use Span columns if you intend to make the title "Content" span across the 2 columns

Let me know if this is something what you wanted.

Regarding the problem

kjwaudio  wrote

Also, a side note my mac keeps freezing up when I try to highlight anything in the TOC text box. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Ken

You can update to InDesign CC 2017.1 if you are on InDesign CC 2017.0 and it may resolve your issue.

If you for some reason do not wish to upgrade then try this Troubleshoot text selection issues

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines