• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting Double Page Scanned Books Into Single Page Scans

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question about my ongoing project involving posting old pdf files on a client's website.

We're making flip books out of pdf files.

A certain sub-set of our library was scanned as open books with 2 pages visible per page of the pdf.  When displayed side-by-side, as a flip book displays all pdf files, it is a row of 4 pages instead of two.

Can Adobe Acrobat X Pro somehow recognize what is going on and create a new pdf with only 1 page of the book per page of the pdf file?

I hope that is clearly stated!

I know this trick can be done since we have Abby Fine Reader at my day job and it can do it. It took my 400 page pdf with 2 pages of the book on each page of the pdf, and made an 800 page pdf with single pages per page.  But I want to work on this at home so I don't waste company time on personal projects.  I would think this is a common enough task that it's possible, but as with most of the stuff I can't figure out, it probably needs a newer version of Acrobat - if it is possible at all 

Thanks in advance for any help or advice anyone may have!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat doesn't have a built-in tool that does it for you, but you can do it using the Crop Pages tool, or by using a script, like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Split Pages in 2 Parts and Combine to a New File

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to buy the script for $40 when I can do it at my day job and get paid for my efforts 

No offense, and I really would prefer to use my own tools and my own time, but since it would just run in the background it really wont deprive my employment of more productivity that the time it take to load the pdf and let Abbyy Fine do it's thing.  Just a few minutes at the most.

I was just hoping to find a (free) way to do it with Acrobat X since I own it.  It's odd, but all the things I want to do with Acrobat that it can't manage seem to be easy in Abbyy Fine.

I'll probably upgrade to that rather than the new Acrobat if / when I ever upgrade my pdf tools!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines