• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS friendly//Issues with canvas conversion

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a created an animation with 50 buttons that react to the hover of a cursor.

However, it has come to my attention that Flash is not ideal nor iOS friendly.

So I have converted it to HTML Canvas, in hopes that this would work better.

I adjusted stop actions to

this.stop();

Now, the animation works perfectly when it is tested on Animate CC.

However when I click on the HTML after it is published, the animation works for the first button that is hovered over but then freezes on that frame and does not allow me to hover over other buttons.

What am I not understanding here? Any suggestion appreciated, thanks.

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Okayyyyy.... when you publish, do you see this in your Output window?

WARNINGS:

Content with both Bitmaps and Buttons may generate local security errors in some browsers if run from the local file system.

If yes, then that's what's happening. Your browser (I'm guessing Chrome) doesn't like certain things when pages are run locally, and throws a JavaScript error which halts the entire page. If you were to open the dev console in your browser (usually F12), you'd see the error message.

You don't get t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your buttons have bitmaps in them, don't they.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a US map vector.  Each button is a US state.  Each button gradually changes from grey to green, while a photo of a person pops up to the right of the map.

I wasn't sure how to answer your question, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okayyyyy.... when you publish, do you see this in your Output window?

WARNINGS:

Content with both Bitmaps and Buttons may generate local security errors in some browsers if run from the local file system.

If yes, then that's what's happening. Your browser (I'm guessing Chrome) doesn't like certain things when pages are run locally, and throws a JavaScript error which halts the entire page. If you were to open the dev console in your browser (usually F12), you'd see the error message.

You don't get these errors when testing directly from Animate because it runs the page through a local web server. You won't get them when the files are posted on a proper web host either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was in the Output window

WARNINGS:

** 9 Bitmaps packed successfully into 1 spritesheet(s).

Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1. For example, this affects gotoAndStop and gotoAndPlay calls. (265)

Motion tweens are published as frame by frame animations. Use classic tweens where possible. (156)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does this mean I can send the published files to our website developer and it will probably run fine?

Thanks for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most cases, yes. You ought to have your own server, even dropbox, so you can test before you send the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a suggestion for how I can test it for free and share?

Dropbox doesn't have a public folder anymore to allow this.  Even for the paid accounts, the public file feature will end in September of 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines