Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gridify Gutter Issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys -

I'm working in CS6 on Windows 10 and have some gutter issues with the Gridify feature in IND.

Whenever I draw objects (rectangles, ellipses, etc.) Grifiy uses my file's gutter spaces like it's supposed to. However, whenever I load images into a cursor and use Gridify, the gap between them is much smaller than what my document's gutter is set at. I can't even hold shift to place loaded cursor images proportionally (there's also a dotted line around the loaded cursor images when I'm dragging them. Do you guys have any idea why? I know I can manually adjust the space using Control but it's a little tedious to have to do with every placement.

drawn objects.png

^^Gridify drawing objects

loaded cursor.png

^^Gridify placing loaded images

I don't think it's a bug in my preferences because some of the files I have it works correctly, so I'm wondering if there's a preference or setting in my files that I could change?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

You could try exporting the troublesome files to IDML to clear out some possible corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in CC2017 on Win 10. It’s important to note that CS6 is not supported under Win 10 so small incompatibilities are not unheard of.

Sorry, but I don’t have CS6 installed anymore but you might try running it in Win 7 compatibility mode. No guarantees though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, I was wondering that too but no luck.

Though it didn't make sense to me that some IND files I use in CS6/Windows 10, Gridify's gutters work correctly with the loaded cursor images but some other files do not. Appreciate your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try exporting the troublesome files to IDML to clear out some possible corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting to IDML seemed to work. Curious as to what caused that corruption.

Thanks Bob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That’s always a mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines