4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2017 11:43 AM by Dave LaRonde

Audio issue in After Effects

matb1234

Hi,

When I import an audio file in my course, some audio is added at the very beginning of the presentation for 1 or 2 secs.

It seems it's playing the beginning of the audio file then stops then starts again.

If I delete the audio file, save, close After effects, then open again and insert back the audio file, I still get the same issue.

It doesn't do it all the time though.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanknyou,

Mat

• 1. Re: Audio issue in After Effects
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

The most important thing to remember -- never used compressed audio in AE.

There are many, many forms of compressed audio, and AE doesn't react well to a bunch of them.  So rather than play Audio File Roulette, always convert compressed audio to wav or aiff files.  Compared to the size of video files, uncompressed audio files are teeny-tiny-small.

If you still have audio problems after that, you have other issues going on.  Let us know.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Audio issue in After Effects
            matb1234 Level 1

I'm using .mp3 audio files.I've been using AE for months doing the same process for each course and I never had any problems.The issue started about weeks ago.

Thank you,Mat

Le Vendredi 2 juin 2017 12h27, Dave LaRonde <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

Audio issue in After Effects

created by Dave LaRonde in After Effects - View the full discussionThe most important thing to remember -- never used compressed audio in AE. There are many, many forms of compressed audio, and AE doesn't react well to a bunch of them.  So rather than play Audio File Roulette, always convert compressed audio to wav or aiff files.  Compared to the size of video files, uncompressed audio files are teeny-tiny-small. If you still have audio problems after that, you have other issues going on.  Let us know. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9623632#9623632 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9623632#9623632 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in After Effects by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Virus-free. www.avast.com

• 3. Re: Audio issue in After Effects
              Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm using .mp3 audio files.

As Dave said, convert those to wav before importing into AE.

I've been using AE for months

mp3 files can be like that.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Audio issue in After Effects
                Dave LaRonde Level 6

I think you'll find that the mp3 files you started getting a couple of weeks ago use a slightly different form of compression.

But it's easy to test -- convert a problem mp3 file to wav or aiff, make a new AE project, import the new audio file, and see if the problem persists.