Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Water color getting fuzzy/frizzy

Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to create watercolor projects on adobe sketch, and this past week I've noticed that after about 60 seconds, the edge of the watercolor goes fuzzy/frizzy, and the watercolor no longer blends. I've tried creating new layers and tried opening completely new projects and nothing seems to work. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or something that I'm missing. I'm on the latest version in adobe sketch on iPad Pro that's only 6 months old with its latest software installed. IMG_0141.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Autumn.

Let me check with one of our testing engineers tomorrow and see if anything's changed in the latest release.

I know you said you're on the latest versions but what version of Sketch are you using (tap settings in the lower nav and About Sketch) and what version of iOS do you have installed?

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Autumn

I was looking at your screenshot and realized that the flow (the middle circle in the color menu) has no color in it. Which means that it's basically no pigment and all water. So I tried to reproduce what you have by doing this:

* First I set the flow to 100 to get saturated color and just let that flow (without using the fan). That color seemed to spread normally.

* Then I set the flow to 0 and brushed it over the saturated color in a downward swipe (which is what yours looked like).

By doing that I managed to get the fuzzy edges you're getting. The way I stopped them was to use the fan to keep the "water" from continuing to spread.

Try messing around with the flow and the fan a bit and see if you can get the edges to stop getting that look. I think you'll probably get it to go away.

Will you let me know?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

The problem is that I can't get the watercolor to spread how I want it before the edges get frizzy, so then I'll just 'dry' the piece at a point where I don't necessarily want to just to prevent the frizzy edges.

My concern is that I'm doing the technique I've always done and only recently am having issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now happening even after the initial paint of color before I try to spread the pigment with water. I let it just sit there to see what would happen and sure enough, the paint got pixilated and I could not manipulate the pigmented blobIMG_0142.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autumn.

Let me check with one of our testing engineers tomorrow and see if anything's changed in the latest release.

I know you said you're on the latest versions but what version of Sketch are you using (tap settings in the lower nav and About Sketch) and what version of iOS do you have installed?

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. As soon as i put color down, it dries. I‘m not using the fan at all. It wont let me add water or anything. It just looks dry and fuzzy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Samantha.

I'm responding now to your other post: Pixelated and fuzzy watercolor

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines