• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why will panoramas [from Samsung S7 Edge phone] not import into LR?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

All my images from my Samsung S7 edge phone import nicely into Lightroom but NOT the panoramas - they are large files.

Why wont they import? How do I import them?

I am using LR 5.7.1.

Thanks!

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

This issue is due to a non-standard JPEG file the Samsung S7 phone creates when processing panoramas.

The workaround is to open the panorama files in a compatible application and then save as a new file.

Can't read: Exiftool, FastPictureViewer (Win), Firefox (Mac), Gimp 2.8 (Mac), Lattice (Mac), Lightroom CC 2015.5 (Mac)

Can read: Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Mac), ColorSync Utility (Mac), Chrome (Mac), Image Viewer (Mac), IrfanView (Win), Paint (Win), Paintbrush (Mac), Photo Gallery (Win), Photos (Win

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they actually separate files stored on your Phones internal drive? And what format are they?

Can you Copy them from the phone to the hard drive of your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied them to the pc harddrive as I do  with all the other images but the panos wont be read by LR. The files are jpg. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to tell us how large ... in pixels, width and height. There is a maximum number of pixels that LR can import, although I don't remember what the number is at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

65,000 pixels wide or tall and 512 megapixels in total (regardless of width and height)

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/lightroom/largest-image-size-import-lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is due to a non-standard JPEG file the Samsung S7 phone creates when processing panoramas.

The workaround is to open the panorama files in a compatible application and then save as a new file.

Can't read: Exiftool, FastPictureViewer (Win), Firefox (Mac), Gimp 2.8 (Mac), Lattice (Mac), Lightroom CC 2015.5 (Mac)

Can read: Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Mac), ColorSync Utility (Mac), Chrome (Mac), Image Viewer (Mac), IrfanView (Win), Paint (Win), Paintbrush (Mac), Photo Gallery (Win), Photos (Win), Photoscape X (Mac), Picasa 3.9 (Mac), Safari (Mac)

More here: I can`t open panorama photos from my samsung s7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good info. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did the trick. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines