• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Lightroom CC2015 release Lightroom6, Classroom in a book.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would I look for advice on what to do, or who to contact if the instructions I am following do not work? My system in Windows 10.

Any assistance would be welcome,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the Slide Show module will stop by. I rarely use that module and IIRC only twice since I started using LR with version 1.

But I think the color tagging option is for the Film Strip and not directly in the slide show while it is playing.

Yes it would be nice if all books published had all the correct data and that all software worked as advertised.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post any questions you have on how LR works and how to work with LR here in this forum. That is what it is for.

Surely that Classroom in a book should cover all the basics, and more advanced, uses of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in UK, the book I am using is ISBN 978-13-392482-4, my Operating System as stated before is Windows 10. The problem I have been having is that in Lesson 1, "Working in slideshow mode" it suggests if I am in slideshow, I can directly flag, or colour label, pictures, I have tried using the lesson provided, however it will only ever annotate the first picture not the subsequent ones, instead it merely states "Set rating to whatever I selected" also the book states that by Pressing the ESC key, the Slideshow will stop and I would be returned to the Library module. the only way I can find to stop the slideshow it to click on it ....  I get the gistof it, however it would be nice if it worked as advertised.

The only thing I can think of, is that the book is 2015 release, and its now 2017, the lesson plans were downloaded from Peachpit. My version of Lightroom is upto date, as I use the Photography plan on offer from Adobe.

Many thanks

Chris S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the Slide Show module will stop by. I rarely use that module and IIRC only twice since I started using LR with version 1.

But I think the color tagging option is for the Film Strip and not directly in the slide show while it is playing.

Yes it would be nice if all books published had all the correct data and that all software worked as advertised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, I find that using the book, I am becoming more aware of the power of LR, previously I have dabbled, and whilst I have been happy with some results, I am now finding that I have only just scratched the surface so to speak, and hopefully in time that will lead to improved results and a quicker post camera experience..

What is IIRC???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I Recall Correctly".

Internet/Texting Slang. (I'm 65 so no young kid here)

You might find these tutorials of help also.

Lightroom tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom CC

How Lightroom catalogs work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a sprightly 63, maybe not so savvy as I once thought..... thanks for your assistance, I will look at the tutorials later, I have previously tried Videos from the help sections and Adobe site, but find it hard to follow, and practice, with the book I find it a easier to follow, in most instances....

Hope you have a good day... and thanks again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Slideshow module you can apply ratings to only the 'active' photo when using keyboard shortcuts either while editing the slideshow or while it is playing. (done purposefully so then you can select a subset of 'selected' photos to include in the slideshow and not make a mess of your metadata if you change ratings etc.)

If you want to apply ratings/colours/flags to a group of them from the filmstrip then right click and use the popup menu instead of keyboard shortcuts.

The ESC key works for me on Windows 7 and on my Win 10 laptop. Try Shift ESC instead?

Confirm that the ESC key works outside of Lightroom, a quick Google search shows others have had problems (not specific to Lightroom) with the ESC key stop working in Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines