• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panasonic 6K Photo

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Panasonic GH5 can do 6K photo - using MP4 then you have to capture a frame (18MP) to create a photo - Lightroom does not recognise the MP4 file. is there anyway round this?

With 4K Photo it worked fine, but with 4K Photo its only captures a 8MP file. Hence why i want to use 6K.

Please help someone:)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

After a Google search on the issue found that the answer is because the GH5 MP4 file is recorded in H.265 format.

Lightroom and video editing software have yet to add this support. (Since programs like Premiere Pro/Final Cut Pro have yet to support it I would suspect Lightroom would be behind them in adding support)

I found this link to a video where the person describes how to convert the MP4 from H.265 to H.264 using Handbrake, so then you can use other software (like Lightroom) to extract your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a Google search on the issue found that the answer is because the GH5 MP4 file is recorded in H.265 format.

Lightroom and video editing software have yet to add this support. (Since programs like Premiere Pro/Final Cut Pro have yet to support it I would suspect Lightroom would be behind them in adding support)

I found this link to a video where the person describes how to convert the MP4 from H.265 to H.264 using Handbrake, so then you can use other software (like Lightroom) to extract your '6k' photo.

GH5 Q&A: “6K Photo Mode files aren’t viewable on my computer. How do I extract my still frames?” - Y...

Otherwise, you will have to use the camera itself to save out the '6K' photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines