• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My computer renamed my photo drive, now the catalog is disconnected

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My catalog, which is on my laptop, references thousands and thousands of images on my external hard drive. I've edited hundreds of them and don't want to lose the edits.

I have a "loose" cable on my hard drive, and it disconnects occasionally. Last time it disconnected and I reconnected it, the computer called it H:(default name) instead of G:(default name)

Without thinking about the ramifications of the LR Catalog, I re-named the drive. I can't recall the default name. And now, as you are correctly assuming, the references in navigation side of Lightroom feature question marks, and the location of the actual images is no longer associated with the previews.

Is it possible to repoint the catalog to the newly named drive?

Once I do that, can I then move the catalog onto the external drive without disrupting the connections?

Thanks in advance.

Lynda Williams

The Occasional Photographer

www.theoccasionalphotographer.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Two options:

- Change the drive letter back: How To Change a Drive Letter (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)

- or reconnect  the top-level folder to the new location in LR if you want to leave the new drive letter: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

I'd simply select to reconnect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two options:

- Change the drive letter back: How To Change a Drive Letter (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)

- or reconnect  the top-level folder to the new location in LR if you want to leave the new drive letter: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

I'd simply select to reconnect.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I was sure I responded to you the moment this worked for me! You saved me so much time and stress - thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines