2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2017 11:04 AM by thomasa76318592

share collections or library with family, allwing them to filter keywords

thomasa76318592

Looking for a the possibility to share lightroom library or collections with family, synchronised folders + allowing them to use lightroom keywords/metadata to search. ... tried smugmug, but having 700 images in one gallery is not conventient if you are looking only for those showing person xyz. Important to utilise contents (metadata) in lightroom. Otherwise I have to maintain both "libraries" which won't happen. Any solution? (I currently send maybe once every few month a pdf slideshow with metadata like location + people attached displayed on each slide)

• 1. Re: share collections or library with family, allwing them to filter keywords
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

I used to use Flickr for this, and now I use Zenfolio. 

Flickr used to be perfect for this use case, but several years ago, they "simplified" the user interface, removing search features and making it hard to see metadata and a photo on the screen without scrolling.  You can still make it possible for users to search just your photos for a keyword, but you'll have to add a unique keyword to all of your photos, e.g. "ellisfamilyslides", and to search, your family members would have to search for "ellisfamilyslides john ellis".   Flickr ("Flakr") also has significant reliability issues since their corporate owner entered their death spiral and sold to Verizon -- several times a year, uploads stop working for days on end or something similar occurs.

Zenfolio has a better user interface for reviewing collections and metadata without scrolling.  A couple of years ago, though, their keyword search just didn't work, but it seems to have improved since then.  Zenfolio requires an annual subscription (for you, not your viewers).

• 2. Re: share collections or library with family, allwing them to filter keywords
            thomasa76318592 Level 1

Hi John,

Thank you for this! Will try Zenfolio next weekend.

BR, Thomas

Gesendet: Sonntag, 04. Juni 2017 um 19:33 Uhr

Von: johnrellis <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

[email removed by moderator]

Betreff:  share collections or library with family, allwing them to filter keywords

johnrellis  created the discussion

"share collections or library with family, allwing them to filter keywords"

To view the discussion, visit: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9626299#9626299

>