• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reset timeline to seconds/frames?

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My timeline shows strange numbers: 0:00f - 30f - 60f - 90f - 24f - 54f ...   Why does it go from 90f to 24f ?  How can I bring this back to just regular seconds and frames? Should it be by 30f increments? This is weird.  What am I missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Composition menu > Composition settings.

Check your composition framerate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composition menu > Composition settings.

Check your composition framerate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, the frame rate of my composition was set to 96! This is definitely weird. This is a sequence that comes directly from Premiere and it is set to 30f in Premiere. I thought that the frame rate would be transferred from Premiere to AE. Obviously not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press ctrl + left click where the counter is and that will shift between seconds and frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is two questions.

1.  How to set the display back to minutes and seconds, which is answered above.

2.  How to get your frame rate right - at least that how it reads above.  If you just meant frames versus min/seconds, then done.  Not sure about your frame problem.  Are you having an issue interpreting frames or are simply saying it's reading your footage in frames?  If the latter, then your problem should be fixed.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, I'm working on a sequence in Premiere Pro. The sequence is set to a rate of 30f/s. I send the sequence to AE. I open the sequence in AE to realize the frame rate is now set to 96 f/s. I set it back to 30 f/s which is not a problem; but, I'm wondering why it's doing that. Why isn't the frame rate transferred from Premiere to AE? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so this is not at all about how it depicts it on the left (frames versus time).

Here's what I'd try.   When you make the comp in AE, ensure in the comp settings that it is already set to the correct frame rate.  If you had an earlier comp at 96, when you make a new comp, it defaults to what you had last (same with comp size).

And second, in case you didn't know, instead of "sending to AE", try selecting the sequence in Premiere, COPY (CNTL/C) and PASTE (CNTL/V) in the comp in AE.  That's what I always do.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably right. The frame rate is probably at 96 by default. I'll change this.

What is the advantage of COPY/PASTE vs SENDING TO AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No advantage that I know, just a shortcut.  Ever since I first realized this, I just copy paste.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines