• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tags for product dimensions in Individual product (large) layout

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm redeveloping a site that I had custom-built for a client about 5 years ago, but this time I'm using Adobe BC with Dreamweaver.

My client is very adept at uploading spreadsheets of product information when he needs to change prices, or add and delete products on his site. I've now transposed his existing Excel spreadsheet to the Adobe BC one, so that there is a seamless transition for him, when the new site goes live.

However I don't seem to be able to find tags in the online Adobe BC Help & Support pages that show me how to display certain information from the Adobe BC spreadsheet on the Individual product (large) layout, specifically: (Column R) Product Width; (Column AP) Product Height; and (Column AQ) Product Depth. In addition I'd also like to display information from (Column M) the Supplier CRM ID too.

Before anyone yells "Use the four Custom columns and tags!" at me, these are already in use by other product information, that don't have columns specified for them in the standard Adobe BC spreadsheet, e.g. Material, Colour, IP Rating and AMPs.

I've attached a screenshot that shows the Adobe BC tags that I require and are highlighted in yellow. The four custom tags are highlighted in cyan.

Solutions on how I can achieve what I want to do, would be most welcome.

product_tags_crop.jpg

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuff not outputting here:

Individual product large layout | Business Catalyst Developers

You will need to use module_data on the product detail page

https://docs.worldsecuresystems.com/reference/rest-apis/e-commerce/products.html

• productWeight - product weight (number)
  • productVolume - product volume (number)
  • productHeight - product height (number)
  • productDepth - product depth (number)
  • supplierEntityId - the supplier's entity ID (number)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else who, like me is new to liquid in Adobe BC and has limited coding experience, then I found this useful thread. It has enabled me to resolve my original question and get individual product dimensions into my large layout. Thank goodness some people on Adobe Forums are prepared to provide clear instruction with helpful examples, rather than simply point people back the online documentation.

Output {{productHeight}} and {{productWidth}} tags for calculation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not learn if you copy and paste and I gave you very clear information.

If you have used that link then you basically have fallen into the issue of using module_data when you did not need to.

As I indicated most of what you need is native and I am not sure what else you would need?

{{productWeight}} - Gets you what you want.

I gave you the exact values you wanted. So why was that not what you needed? lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who mentioned copying and pasting? I didn't.

I find it interesting, that in your original response you said "You will need to use module_data…"

Now in you second response you say "…you have fallen into the issue of using module_data when you did not need to."

Sorry to be pedant here, but it appears to be you who is not providing clear information… again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lack of understanding and not testing output as suggested.

Never mind, I tried

For me it is a key difference from just looking for something to grab and paste and actually observing output, implementing and understanding so when you do something similar or more complex next time - you know, you learn and do more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A lack of understanding and a willingness to learn is exactly why I come to the Adobe Forums for guidance and assistance.

Fortunately for me, the majority of people I encounter here are pleasant, patient, are genuinely interested in helping, and most importantly have the skill to write sentences in plain simple English which make sense to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines