Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

folder not showing at the right place

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'll probably demonstrate my ignorance about how catalogs works in LR, but I have an issue with a folder that doesn't show up where I would like it to be. I recently bought a new laptop and at the same time upgraded from LR5 to LR6, which is probably why the folder didn't come to the usual place. A picture is worth a thousands words, so I attached a sreenshot. The images I recently added to my catalog were supposed to end up into a subfolder I created within the "Nikon Transfer" folder (the one with 19530 pictures at the bottom of the screen shot). I created this new subfolder within the Nikon Transfer folder from the import pop-up window. However, now I see that my pictures show up in a new "Nikon Transfer" folder (the one with 704 pictures) that LR added itself at a higher hierarchy. I tried to move it, but it said the place where I want to move the pictures already contains a subfolder of the same name, even though it doesn't appear in the left panel. I tried something else and it messed things up even more... Can someone tell me how I could put this back together and why this could happen?

Sorry if it is not clear, it is not clear in my mind either! I'd appreciate any help

LR Catalog.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Right-click on Nikon Transfer with the ?

Choose “Update Folder Location”

Then navigate to the drive with the images and select the folder named Nikon Transfer

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try re-naming Nikon Transfer with 704 files. Then drag the re-named folder into Nikon Transfer with 19530 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I tried that, but as soon as I renamed the folder, the Nikon Transfer with 19530 files changed and was reported as missing. Should I hit "Find missing folder..." ?

LR catalog 2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on Nikon Transfer with the ?

Choose “Update Folder Location”

Then navigate to the drive with the images and select the folder named Nikon Transfer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I do that I get the following message:

The selected folder or one of its subfolders is already in Lightroom. Do you want to combine these folders?

I did that yesterday with the other folder while trying to move the pictures and since then they are reported as missing... so should I merge them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I would suggest you do the merge if LR is recognizing that some that are in the catalog structure. In future when importing check the file path at the top of the destination panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, everything back in order now.

At first it still didn't find the new subfolder I created yesterday. So I went to "previous import" and located one of the pictures. It then found them all back and added the new subfolder at the right place.
Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines