• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS text box

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frame that defines the text box disappeared.  I can still type/ manage the text, but I can't adjust the size or location of the box.  Where did the frame go?

How do I get it back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

There are two kinds of text, point type and area type:

• Point type is created by clicking once. It does not have resize handles (because it's meant to be one line of text). You can move this with the Move tool.
  • Area type is created by dragging a box. It does have resize handles to change the area in which text will wrap. You adjust that box when using the Type tool (and the cursor is in the box). You can also move this with the Move tool.

If you used to have resize handles on all layers, you probabl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two kinds of text, point type and area type:

• Point type is created by clicking once. It does not have resize handles (because it's meant to be one line of text). You can move this with the Move tool.
  • Area type is created by dragging a box. It does have resize handles to change the area in which text will wrap. You adjust that box when using the Type tool (and the cursor is in the box). You can also move this with the Move tool.

If you used to have resize handles on all layers, you probably had Show Transform Controls checked in the Options bar (at the top of the screen when the Move tool is selected).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My question is similar—except I think it's a Photoshop CC update bug. The type text box edges don't show up after I draw the box, so I can't adjust the edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines