Hi there forum..
I want to know if there is a way to speed up Import and Preview Rendering times? it is slow as hell...
I often work with thousand of raw images, and I like to render Standart preview before I start the selecting process. And the rendering of the standar previews size (1024px) takes a lot of time, almost 1 second per image. 3.600 raws takes 1 hour to render, and I often shoot more than that.
There is a way to speed that up? Im losing hours only to render previews...
Also Auto Import from lightroom is painfully slow... doesnt use Lexar HR1 multi card Reader simultaneous download...
- Lightroom Standart Previews is setup as 1024px - Medium Size
- LR cache is 40gbs on an SSD
- Auto XMP is turn off
- GPU Aceleration is ON
- Catalog with 70.000 images - 1.7gbs Size.
- While rendering Previews, Lightroom CPU Usage is below 9%. basically The CPU is Iddleling.
The PC setup that I use:
- Windows 10 - (up to date)
- Intel Core i7 5820K - 6 cores 3.30Ghz
- 32 Gbs of Ram DDR4 2000mhz
- Nvida GTX 1060 4gbs VRAM
- SSD 250gbs Samsung EVO 850 PRO - SATA EXPRESS (OS, Lightroom Software, LR Catalog + Cache)
- 1TB WD Black 7200RPM for RAW Storage - SATA EXPRESS
- Lexar Workflow HR1 with 4 SR1 Bays (Card Reader)
- CR2. raws - Canon 5DmkIV and Canon 6D often.
Thanks for your time in advance.
Duplicate thread, do not reply here.